The original Iron Age hillfort defences were built at Bratton Camp over 2000 years ago. They protected a settlement containing round houses, granaries, stores and workshops.
The site was excavated in the 18th century. Today, the extensive chalk grassland supports herb and grass species that provide a habitat for a diverse range of insects.
From only £48 for a whole year, English Heritage members enjoy…
- Unlimited access to over 400 historic properties across the country, a whole year’s worth of fun days out.
- Free entry for up to six accompanying children per adult member.
- Free or reduced-price entry to exclusive members’ events giving you access to our experts and a glimpse behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Members’ Magazine four times a year with in-depth features about our properties and wider work, also includes a nationwide events guide.
- Free handbook worth £10.95 to help plan your next exciting day out.
- Special offers, discounts and competitions for a great variety of products and experiences.
- English Heritage car sticker.