With a history stretching back over 16 centuries, Pevensey Castle chronicles more graphically than any other fortress the story of Britain's south coast defences. Beginning in the 4th century as one of the last and strongest of the Roman 'Saxon Shore' forts, two-thirds of whose towered walls still stand. It is also famously the landing place of William the Conqueror's army in 1066. Today, it is a great family day out in East Sussex. Enjoy the open grounds and space to roam and explore. New exhibitions exploring the castle's story from the time of the Romans to the Second World War are also now open for you to enjoy. From only £46 for a whole year, English Heritage members enjoy…
- Unlimited access to over 400 historic properties across the country, a whole year’s worth of fun days out.
- Free entry for up to six accompanying children per adult member.
- Free or reduced-price entry to exclusive members’ events giving you access to our experts and a glimpse behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Members’ Magazine four times a year with in-depth features about our properties and wider work, also includes a nationwide events guide.
- Free handbook worth £10.95 to help plan your next exciting day out.
- Special offers, discounts and competitions for a great variety of products and experiences.
- English Heritage car sticker.