The ruins of a small artillery fort built in during the reign of Edward VI.
Up on the hillside just north of New Grimsby harbour, the castle is only accessible on foot.
From only £48 for a whole year, English Heritage members enjoy…
- Unlimited access to over 400 historic properties across the country, a whole year’s worth of fun days out.
- Free entry for up to six accompanying children per adult member.
- Free or reduced-price entry to exclusive members’ events giving you access to our experts and a glimpse behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Members’ Magazine four times a year with in-depth features about our properties and wider work, also includes a nationwide events guide.
- Free handbook worth £10.95 to help plan your next exciting day out.
- Special offers, discounts and competitions for a great variety of products and experiences.
- English Heritage car sticker.