Tynemouth Castle and Priory has beautiful views overlooking the North Sea and the River Tyne.
Discover the story of this fortification from its origins as an Iron Age settlement, through its history as an Anglo-Saxon monastery, a royal castle and a coastal defence. The gun battery was designed to defend the Tyne in the First and Second World Wars.
From only £48 for a whole year, English Heritage members enjoy…
- Unlimited access to over 400 historic properties across the country, a whole year’s worth of fun days out.
- Free entry for up to six accompanying children per adult member.
- Free or reduced-price entry to exclusive members’ events giving you access to our experts and a glimpse behind the scenes.
- Exclusive Members’ Magazine four times a year with in-depth features about our properties and wider work, also includes a nationwide events guide.
- Free handbook worth £10.95 to help plan your next exciting day out.
- Special offers, discounts and competitions for a great variety of products and experiences.
- English Heritage car sticker.